Special instrumentation and electronics engineering
To instrumentation and electronic device engineering industries VIRIAL offers a range of products based on pyrolytic boron nitride – an outstanding material with unique physical and mechanical properties, e.g. chemical stability, high dielectric parameters, high-temperature transparency for radio frequencies, resistance to metal and alloy melts.
Products for electronics and special instruments:
- Emission windows for UHF energy (microwave energy)
- Dielectric spacers for high-power capacitors for microwave applications
- Heat-sink rods for travelling wave tubes (TWT)
- Insulators for plasma thrusters for orbital stationkeeping of space vehicles
- Czochralski crucibles for synthesis and growth of semiconductor crystals and Bridgeman crucibles for crystal growth
- Solid planar diffusion sources (SPS) of boron dopant for diffusion into Si in IC microchip production;
- Evaporator cells for molecular beam epitaxy systems.
The above production is currently suspended
Limited range of products are available from stock on request
Production is planned to resume after 2013.