Sandblasting nozzles are a crucial element for surface-treatment sandblasting systems, designed for forming the pressurized abrasive jet. Sandblasting nozzles have PU casing with aluminum flange and wear insert made of WC-based or tungsten-free cemented carbide, or sintered silicon carbide (SSiC).
- Marine engineering— pre-painting surface treatment;
- Engineering — cleaning/deburring of castings and welded parts;
- Oil and gas pipeline treatment prior to application of protective painting layer.
- Nozzle throat diameter: 6.5 to 12.5 (mm);
- Inlet diameter: 26 to 32 (mm);
- Nozzle length: 85 to 205 (mm).
Factors to consider when choosing the optimal sandblasting nozzle:
- Material (steel, concrete, etc.) and geometry (flat surface or complex pipe or profile structures) of the surface to be treated;
- Surface quality before treatment (corrosion, scale, existing paint layer, etc.);
- Abrasive type and grain size;
- Surface quality or finish after treatment (Sa3, Sa2½, Sa2, etc.)
- Job complexity (easily reached or difficult-to-access surfaces);
- Air consumption (m³/h).
Estimated service life of sandblasting nozzles, (hours)
|Nozzle material||Abrasive type|
|Steel shot||Silica sand||Alumina|
|Tungsten carbide||500 - 800||300 - 400||20 - 50|
|Boron carbide||1500 - 2500||750 - 1500||200 - 1000|